I love this recipe but it was given to me by a great cook who said just add a bit of this and a little of that. This is my best shot at putting measurements to what I do when I make the soup.
3 chicken breasts cooked
1 package wild rice or the equivalent of 1 - 2 cups cooked rice
2 c. canned pumpkin
4 T. butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic pressed
4 c. chicken broth
6 bullion cubes or to taste
1 bay leaf
1/2 t. curry
1 pinch nutmeg
1/4 t. ground pepper
1 1/2 t. salt
2 c. half and half
Season and cook the chicken breasts. Cook a package of wild rice without any seasoning. Melt butter and sautee the garlic and onions. Begin adding all of the ingredients except for the rice, chicken and half and half. Allow to simmer 30 minutes. Add the cream and heat through but do not boil. If thick enough add the chicken and rice. If you want a thicker texture add a bit of flour to thicken and then add the rice and chicken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment